Friday, November 9, 2012

A MOTHER'S LOVE - AFRICA STYLE!


If you have ever lived in Africa, this is a sight we grew up with and regard as a phenomenon we hope that only other people have to to deal with - and not us. What I see when I look at this picture is a woman who probably struggles every da...
y to walk any kind of distance and when she sees herself in shop windows or bathroom mirrors she is probably distressed by the disproportion of her body. Other than her booty, she is not that large. I suspect that her condition is not only the result of "past the lips, onto the hips". When I look at the photo, I see something which is truly heart-warming. Here's a woman who is not only carrying her own weight but also the additional 25 to 30 lbs of her child. Funnily enough, I think this would make an amazing dipiction of the love of a mother. They are wearing similar clothes which are the same color, she is putting her child's interests before her own comfort, and the way they are holding hands definitely depicts the relationship of mother and child. Of course we all look at this photo in disbelief because it's not something you would see every day. I like this photo and I hope whoever took it was not being demeaning. Whoever took it actually has an eye for capturing something special.
See More

No comments:

Post a Comment