Monday, April 9, 2012

THE ALWAYS ENCHANTING BUTTERFLY



Somethings are as universal and timeless as life itself and butterflies are one of them.   Synonymous with spring in both the northern and southern hemisphere, there is a certain charm which they add to any garden.    Their name is somewhat intriguing as they definitely have no link at all to butter.   What I find interesting is the diversity of names by which they are known.     The Anglo-Saxon name 'butterfloege' sounds better, Russions call them 'babochka', Greeks call them 'psyche' but the very best has to be the French name 'papillon'.   

Due to the demand for these beauties, I am supplying a whole collection of framed butterfly collages as 8 X 10 photo prints.    I am sharing  two to three dozen butterflies from my own library of photos.   Visit me at Imperial Farmers Market, Sugarland every Saturday or Facebook me at myterratrree or contact me at @myterratree on Twitter.     Custom orders no problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment